Tuesday, December 30, 2014

13th Week Liberia - Guanacaste Province

Family ~

This week I have been trying to focus on Diligence and Enduring to the End. With it being the end of the year and everything it is difficult to focus on the work of the Lord and keep working everyday strong.

But as I was able to have great spiritual experience with J. and his family I was able to see how great of a work this is. J. is a great example for me. He knows what he has to do for his family and that the Lord provides everything. Even though he doesn't have much money at all he still pays tithing and goes to church and this shows me such great diligence. 

One scripture that I found during my studies that I love is Alma 32:41-43. 

41 But if ye will nourish the word, yea, nourish the tree as it beginneth to grow, by your faith with great diligence, and with patience, looking forward to the fruit thereof, it shall take root; and behold it shall be a tree springing up unto everlasting life.
 42 And because of your diligence and your faith and your patience with the word in nourishing it, that it may take root in you, behold, by and by ye shall pluck the fruit thereof, which is most precious, which is sweet above all that is sweet, and which is white above all that is white, yea, and pure above all that is pure; and ye shall feast upon this fruit even until ye are filled, that ye hunger not, neither shall ye thirst.
 43 Then, my brethren, ye shall reap the rewards of your faith, and your diligence, and patience, and long-suffering, waiting for the tree to bring forth fruit unto you.

In this scripture it mentions diligence and patience three different times. Emphasizing the importance of these qualities. For all of us to grow our Faith in Christ we have to work on it everyday with diligence. This means that we give the Lord our all and never let our grip become loose on the straight and narrow path. 

Life is difficult. Life isn't meant to be easy. We are here to be tested and tried and to grow our Faith in Christ. I know without a doubt that Heavenly Father is here to help us. We just have to get on our knees and talk with Him. Read His words in scriptures. Attend church to renew our covenants with Him. We have these resources to help us throughout life! So why not use them?

I am so grateful for this opportunity to serve the Lord and His children and grow everyday. Its not easy but it is soooo worth it!

I love you all and wish you all a Happy New Year!

Love Elder Moss





No comments:

Post a Comment