We all are here on Earth for a purpose. We have come to learn everyday and to also use our agency. This week has showed me that I still have a lot to do here on the Earth and that everyday I need to learn more and more and show my Faith in Christ.
| The family that got baptized, this is outside their home I do not think that the pic justifies the view. |
My new companion Elder Tistoj is great! He has 19 months out and is very smart. I have learned lots from him everyday. But one thing in particular that I learned was when we were teaching one of our investigators. My companion started doing a demonstration that I had never seen before. It was about Faith and how we have to do works to grow our Faith. He had a pen by him and asked the investigator if they had Faith. Faith that they could do all things through Christ and if so to move a pen. The investigator said yes I have Faith but I don't know how to move that pen. Then my companion asked me the same thing and I was a little nervous because I didn't know how I was going to move the pen. Then I realized that I have to do something about it to change it that I can personally move the pen! Like it says in Santiago (James) 2:17 That faith without works is dead!
Then later that day we were looking for an investigator that we could never find home for almost this whole week! We asked around the neighborhood and we kept getting sent to look for him at a different house. After about 3 houses I kind of wanted to give up especially since we were late to an appointment. But I had been praying super hard and had Faith that we would be able to find him to help him resolve his doubts. So I told my companion lets give it one more try and I walked down the street and he was about 20 meters away from us the whole time sitting down but we couldn't see him. It was a miracle and we were able to help him resolve his doubts and prepare him to gain a stronger testimony of baptism.
I have learned so much and and going to keep learning everyday! I have been able to grow my Faith everyday like the seed in Alma 32:28-43. I am truly honored to be able to Represent Jesus Christ here in Costa Rica and to spread His Gospel throughout the World. I know that He lives and He suffered for us in Gethsemane. That we too can be resurrected and live happily with Heavenly Father again. I know that Families can be eternal and that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the true church here on earth. In the name of Jesus Christ amen.
LOVE YOU! SEE YOU NEXT WEEK ON SKYPE!
Elder Moss
No comments:
Post a Comment