Tuesday, March 3, 2015

22nd Week Liberia - Guanacaste Province

Family ~

It has been a great week working for the Lord! We had an opportunity to do a service Project here and it was to dig out 5 poles that were in concrete and then dig a trench. The concrete poles were very difficult because we had to break apart the concrete and then take out the poles. Not only that but the ground is super hard here. It hasn't rained in forever and is super hot so it is just dry as can be. So I got to work eager as can be! Started with the first pole. It took an entire hour and by the time I was done I had blisters ripping from my hands. I still had 4 more to do but the pain in my hands was starting to bother me. I didn't have any protection for my hands or gloves of some sort. I had forgotten work gloves at home that would protect my hands. Feeling a little disappointed in myself I got back to work and finished the job. When I finished my hands were just ugly. They were nice and soft before because all I have been doing is using them for scriptures but after I worked with a shovel and pick for four hours they grew blisters and tears in them. I then thought "How can I relate this to the Gospel?" Then came to conclusión.  

I left the house in the morning without any protection. I didn't bring the gloves to protect my hands. I knew that I would have to dig holes and use tools that would hurt my hands. But I just left the house without them. I then got to work and suffered from not thinking and getting the gloves for my hands. Everyday we all leave the house and have the devil attack us. We have to leave the house to get to work and do things. But will we leave the house without the protection of God? We all have a promise to if we keep the commandments of God we will be protected from worldly temptation. We have the scriptures and prayer that are going to help us put on the "armor of God" everyday. We can choose to use these tools to keep as spiritually close to God everyday. Or forget about them and get hurt and not be protected from worldly temptation.  In Ephesians 6:11 it says, "Put on the whole armour‍ of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." Everyday in the world there is a battle. A battle against the devil and temptation. But God has given us armor to protect us from the enemy.  In Mosiah 2:41 it says, "And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy‍ state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed‍ in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful‍ to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it."

1st of 3 Zone Conferences with Elder Alonso
I know that if we keep the commandments of God that we will be blessed. That we really can be protected through the power of God and that we can be happy through the Gospel of Jesús Christ. I have a testimony of how powerful scripture study and prayer can help when temptation comes. That really praying and reading can be a solution to many problems that we have. I am so very grateful for this opportunity to serve God and His children and to have this opportunity to come here to Earth to learn and grow. I know this all to be true and say these things in the name of Jesús Christ, Amen.

Elder Moss

P.S.  Funny story. Sometimes my tie slaps my companion in the face. He is the perfect height and it is super windy so my tie is always flapping around. I get a REALLY Good laugh when that happens ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment