This week I've realized how much I need to rely on Christ to be able to do anything. From a conference we had a little while ago Elder Christensen from the presidency of the seventy he shared a story of a missionary who wanted to go home because he couldn't stand his companion, the house, the rules and many more things. And Elder Christensen said you know what it is true. You can't do this work, you can't handle your companion, you can't live in this little apartment, you can't obey the rules of the mission. Alone. You need Christ and His Infinite Atonement to be able to do anything.
I have come to a conclusion this last week or so that it is true! I can't do anything without Christ in my life! To be able to overcome the trials that I have in my life I need to rely on Christ and His Atonement. I know it's real. I know He lives. I can feel it everyday that the atonement helps me do things. Because without it I wouldn't be able to fulfill my purpose as a missionary.
One of my favorite scriptures that teach about Christ and what he did for us is in Alma 7
11 And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.
12 And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities.
I know that this life is hard and that sometimes we feel alone and we feel like we can't do anything. But I also know that through Christ and His atonement we can overcome any challenge that is placed in front of us whether it be sickness, afflictions, death, pain, or temptation.
I love you all and hope you have a great week!
![]() |
| Our journey we took |




No comments:
Post a Comment