Tuesday, February 3, 2015

18th Week Liberia - Guanacaste Province

Family ~

What a week! We had changes this week and I didn't get changed! I feel as if my work here in Liberia isn't finished and I still am here for one reason or another! So I am pretty excited!

We found a great family this week so I am going to share how we found them because these are always my favorite stories. 

I was on divisions with my District Leader and we were walking to an appointment when I suddenly heard. "Hey! Pretty Boy!" (So obviously I had to go talk to them because they called my name). It ended up being a 40 year old English teacher who doesn't speak very good English. But I set up an appointment for the next day to go teach him. So I went with my regular companion Elder Tistoj and we got there and started to share with him and his brother but they had a few drinks before so ended up just hugging us alot. I have never been hugged so hard before by a man in my entire life. ha ha It seemed like they weren't ready to here the Gospel but I still had hope for them when they weren't drinking at all. So a few days later when our appointment fell and we had time we decided to go back and to teach the English teacher. He was great and had tons of questions and has a want to learn more. We asked him for references or if he knew anyone that can benefit from this message and he gave us one of a less active member of the church that he knows. So we went to our next appointment for that day and it fell again. So we had some time to search for this reference. We got to the house and the man wasn't there but his nephew and his family was there so we started talking to them and began to teach them. 

It's a family of three and I have so much love for them. The day before the father was praying asking for help. He lost his job due to a mishap and is searching to help the family. Parts of his family are members and he used to go when he was young but just stopped going for one reason or another. I was so happy to be able to be put in the pathways of them to help them come unto Christ. 

The next appointment we got there and they were waiting for us all ready with the Book of Mormon, Bible, and the brochure we gave them. I asked how it went and they said good but I wasn't able to answer this one question. I asked what question are you talking about and they said the ones in the back of the brochure. Usually people don't even read the brochure so I wasn't expecting them to actually answer the questions too!  They then told me a story of what happened the night before while they were praying and how they received their answer to how they know it is all true.  

It was such a great miracle to be able to find them and for my companion to be able to decide to go to them and listen to the spirit. I love it here so much and love it! I know that in life there aren't coincidences. God has a plan for each and everyone of us and it is between one way or another that we can make it back to Him someday through the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I love you all and want to share more but ran out of time!

Elder Moss

1 comment:

  1. What a great letter home! Seeing how our Heavenly Father knows each of us and has a great work for us to do - His work! Great letter! Great missionary!

    ReplyDelete