Tuesday, February 10, 2015

19th Week Liberia - Guanacaste Province

Footprints in the Sand

I dreamed I was walking along the beach
with the Lord..
Across the sky flashed scenes from my life..
For each scene, I noticed two sets of
footprints in the sand,
one belonging to me, and the other to the Lord..
When the last scene of my life flashed before me,
I looked back at the footprints in the sand.
I noticed that many times along the path of my life
there was only one set of footprints.
I also noticed that it happened at the very lowest
and saddest times in my life.
This really bothered me 
and I questioned the Lord about it:
"Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you,
you'd walk with me all the way.
But I have noticed that during the most 
troublesome times in my life 
there is only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why 
when I need you most you would leave me."
The Lord replied:
"My precious child, I love you and would
never leave you.
During your times of trial and suffering,
when you see only one set of footprints, it was then
that I carried you."


This is a quote that Elder Moss (Parker) sent me awhile ago that I thought about alot this week. While we were in a lesson with a family one of the uncles came in and started talking to us. The problem is that he was drunk and really sad. He is a member of the church but went inactive after his dad and brother died. Then this week a baby that was 6 months old died in his family. He came to us asking why God let people suffer. Why he allowed a baby so young to die and not live a life. He then started crying. and as tears streamed down his face he asked me "When I need God the most, where is He?"
My home - sunset over Liberia

That question struck me. I know that God is here and that He will help us in every situation or challenge in our lives. This man felt as if God had abandoned him during his difficult times of his life. But what he didn't understand is that God is always here for us. He loves us and wants the best for each and everyone of us. When we put our trust in God, He will deliver us! (Alma 36:27) God puts challenges in our lives to help us learn and grow. (2 Nephi 2:2). God is always here for us and will bless us when we do what He asks. (Mosiah 2:20-24). 

This man forgot about that. He forgot to put his trust in God and actually know that God has a plan for us. That we can live together forever with our families for time and all eternity. That there is a plan of happiness and we will be able to live with our Heavenly Father again. I am so very grateful for the scriptures that we have to be able to learn and grow our Faith. Also for the Plan of Salvation for the knowledge that I can be sealed to family for eternity. I know that Christ lives and he is our Savior and that God 
is our Father in Heaven that loves us with all of His heart. 
In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Love, 
Finally got his birthday packages - happy parents
Elder Moss







I got all the missionaries in Liberia addicted to skittles because I always had them haha so this was funny that you sent them

No comments:

Post a Comment