Tuesday, November 25, 2014

8th Week Liberia - Guanacaste Province

Family ~

This last week has been great with a multi-zone conference! Learned lots from President Wilkinson and from other missionaries and I went home with alot to put into practice! This meeting just showed me that I am no where near where I need to be with the Gospel and I have to improve in it everyday to become a better instrument in the hands of God.
Elder Cuevas y Elder Moss

As I think of Jacob and him going home tomorrow I think about his signature thing at the end of every email which said "No Regrets". I used to think it was silly until I realized that this time we have to serve the Lord is precious and we have to give Him our all with no regrets. As I've looked back on the 3 months of my mission I see the room for improvement on where I can do better to serve others. As we are all growing here on Earth it's great to measure yourself to see the improvement, and live a life with no regrets. Not looking back and serving the Lord with all our heart, might, mind, and strength. 

A family that we have been working with that is close to my heart has changed my life.  It was Wednesday night around 7:40. My comp and I didn't have plans for the night and people here in Costa Rica go to bed pretty early, at least in my area in Liberia. We decided to go out tracting. Nothing was going right and it was getting late.  We were still walking and the street we were on came to a dead end that was super dark. I saw only two houses in this area and they were still about 50 meters off the street. One of the house that I saw had 3 dogs barking at us.  So I got closer to the house and the dogs started going crazy and jumping at my feet. I felt in my heart that I needed to talk to him. I called out for the man and he started coming. We started talking to him and he invited us in to share a message with him. We got to know him a little bit and he said that he has no job and can't read. His wife has a blind eye and its kinda blueish. He has two kids and they barely have money for food. We started teaching him and his family and it was the most powerful lesson that we have taught together. The spirit was so strong throughout the lesson and at the end the man said that life was so hard for him and he couldn't handle it anymore. And he said that God told him that he needs to be there for his family. And then later that same day 2 representatives of Jesus Christ showed up at his door. It was an amazing moment and I knew that the Lord has a plan for all of us. We left the house that night speechless not knowing what to say to each other. We talked to the family on Friday and the Father ended up finding a job the very next day. They all came to church Sunday and President Wilkinson was there for the District Conference. Something about President Wilkinson is he is an amazing speaker. He talked about a story on his mission related to the one that just happened to us and the spirit was so strong and it was so amazing! The man turned to us and said that is just what happened to me with two representatives of the Lord Jesus Christ showing up at my door in time of need. I was so happy to be apart of this moment and can't wait to see this family grow in the church. They all pray together every night now and are all planning on being baptized and I can't wait to be able to see them go through the temple and be sealed for all time and eternity! This family has the biggest struggles and had nothing going for them when we met them. As I've watched them turn to the Lord to better their relationships with Him and to better their life in general. It amazes me everyday to see them apply the atonement in their lives and come unto Christ. It was a miracle how we found them and I know that God put them in our path because they were ready and needed the Gospel so much in their lives. As they prepare to become married and baptized the Lord has blessed them so much with love and things they need. Witnessing this miracle in my life has really showed me that God loves each and every single one of his children. That we are his direct children and he knows us personally. He is our loving Heavenly Father and wants the best for all his kids. 

Liberia Elders
I love you all and hope that you have a great week and I can't wait to hear how it was to see Jacob!

Happy Birthday Jordyn

Happy Thanksgiving to all

and Happy Anniversary to the best parents in the WORLD!  Ha ha - only a month late.

Elder Moss



Great experience to see turtles lay eggs at the beach.




Liberia Missionaries

No comments:

Post a Comment