Monday, October 13, 2014

2nd Week Liberia - Guanacaste Province

Family -

P-Day hike to waterfall.
This week has been great! We had a zone conference with President Wilkinson and it was raining on the way there. Anyway just a side story here in Costa Rica they are pretty crazy drivers. On motorcylces they sometimes have up to 4 people and have little babies on them too! Super crazy. But on the way to the church we were walking in a neighborhood and a car pulled out in front of a motorcycle. Long story short the motorcycle hit the front of the car and crashed. I ran and picked the bike off of the guys leg (It was twisted under it in a weird way). He was wearing a helmet but he had a 10 year old girl on the back who wasn't. After I got the bike off of him he sat there whimpering and I started helping the girl. She scraped up her leg and had some bad mud on it so I cleaned it up and helped her a little bit. By that time lots of people were coming to look and help so me and my companion went to the meeting. Now I know why my mom wouldn't let me buy my bike. (Even though I did). 

Elder Cuevas gave me this soccer shirt, pretty cool.

The work here has been going great. We've have had lots of downs but hopefully this next week will be better and we can have a baptism this next week. Lots of people here accept our message and love it but they never follow through. One of their favorite sayings here is "Pura Vida", which means pure life or do whatever you feel like. It's really a cool outlook on life but sometimes they do exactly whatever they want ha ha!

One night we had family home evening with a family. Right when we were leaving they turned on some music and started dancing together. It was so nice to see how happy they were and see the love in that family. I love how relaxed they are and how much enjoyment they get from listening and dancing to music. Especially since this family is going to be getting sealed in the temple soon I had so much love for them and felt right in. I love how the Gospel blesses families and makes them become closer than before. I love that we have temples on Earth today that we may be able to do things such as being sealed to your spouse and family! The Gospel truly is the greatest blessing ever!!!!!!

It has rained here a lot this past week. Did I think that it rained hard it North Carolina! Boy was I wrong! It can rain so hard here! That is especially difficult because I lost by umbrella in a taxi the first night here! I will need to go buy a bigger one anyway!
It's crazy Jacob gets home in 6 weeks! I wish I was there to say Hi but I have more important stuff to do. It will have to wait for another 2 years! I love you all!

-Elder Moss




Jungle Friends
Elder Ferrin dropped an empty coconut and this
little buddy fell out of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment