Families can be together forever!
One of the beautiful truths that we received with the restoration of the Gospel is that families can be together forever. That we can be sealed for time and all eternity with our loved ones.
I have come to love this! To know that I will be able to live and be with my family forever! To be able to receive the new and everlasting covenant that God promised to those who obey His laws and make covenants with Him.
I have been able to work with and see families here in Costa Rica take the steps to be able to receive an eternal family. I have seen the blessings of God upon many families as they work together to become an eternal family.
This Sunday in sunday school we talked about the covenant making people of our Heavenly Father. Since the creation of the world God has set standards that we can choose to obey or not if we want. These are called covenants (or promises between man and God). In the end we are more blessed than anything if we complete these covenants.
A brother during the class gave an example that I loved. He has two sons and he told them that they had to do a few chores before they could go to the movies. One of the sons completed the chores and the other didn't. Both of the sons went to him and asked if they could have money to go to the movies. After seeing that one of the sons didn't do his chores like he was asked he felt sad that only one son could go to the movies. So he made an exception and let both sons go to the movie and receive the reward. However, God doesn't work that way. He has set precepts and doesn't make exceptions. If we complete with our part here on Earth God will bless us. However, if we don't do our part we can't receive that blessing. Even though Heavenly Father loves us, we too must show our love for Him.
I know that when we make covenants with our Heavenly Father we will be eternally blessed. I am glad to see Jacob and Mikaela as they make these covenants and begin to start their eternal family. I know that they will be rewarded with many blessings and they will show their humbleness towards God by doing so. I know that all of this is true because I have received a spiritual confirmation from God and I can't deny it.
I love you all and hope you have a great week!!! See you on Skype Sunday Night!!!
Elder Moss
Video
No comments:
Post a Comment