Monday, January 11, 2016

13th Week Guapiles, Limon - Pococi Ward

Familia ~

I remember when I was younger I asked my mom what she wanted for mothers day and for her birthday and she responded that I obey her. I would ask her again seeing what I could get her like flowers, chocolate, or a bear. She would always respond that she just wants me to be obedient. I never understood why she didn't want anything else until this past Sunday.

As we were sitting in our Sunday School class we were talking about God and our relationship with Him and how we can better our relationship between our Heavenly Father and us. I thought of a scripture in John 14:15 "If ye love me, keep my commandments."

Not until then did it hit me that my mom was teaching me a life long lesson. That if I love her I would keep her rules and obey her. Just like if we love our Heavenly Father we will obey His commandments. Even if we don't fully understand them we should be obedient to every command that He has given us for love and protection.

We can show our love for our Heavenly Father by keeping the sabbath day holy and partaking of the sacrament. We can show our love by loving one another and serving them. We can show our love by following the example of Jesus Christ and make covenants with God that will give us salvation.

I know with all of my heart that we have a loving Heavenly Father and that we can return to live with Him once more. Every day I understand a little bit more of God's plan and how I can better myself and obey His commandments to express my love towards Him. I know that all these things are true and that this is God's Gospel. His only true doctrine here on the Earth and that through the covenants we can make with Him we too can live with our families forever. I know all of these things to be true in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Love you all and have a great week!
Elder Moss

We went to an island today! It was great President gave us permission to go on a public boat so we went through a river in the jungle to an island where turtles go to lay eggs! Super beautiful and a member lives on the island and he invited us to his restaurant and we ate there too!























Look Close and you will see a crocodile.

1 comment:

  1. That was the sweetest letter ever. His mom sure did a great job raising him. Fantastic photos too, its so fun to experience their pdays with them through pictures!

    ReplyDelete