Family ~
Who is Christ? What did He do for us?
Something that I have always been puzzled about and wanted to know more about it the Atonement of Jesús Christ. The only begotten son of God. Who came to the Earth to complete a misión and to fulfill God´s purpose. I can´t imagine what he really went through for us. To come and atone for every one of our sins. EVERYONEs that includes mine, yours, and every man whether he be King or man stuck in prison. Christ came here and went through pains and affliciones suffering for every one of our sins. Giving a gift that we can forever use. An eternal gift.
How great does that sound? An eternal gift that will give us Eternal Life. I will forever be grateful for what He did for me. I don´t think I will truly understand how and what kind of pain he went through for me but I know that He did it. He suffered in the Garden of Gethsemane sweating drops of blood. Then was betrayed by one of His apostles and was crucified. He was resurrected a perfect being and we have this gift and resurrection.
As I try to understand and apply the atonement daily I cannot express the love I have for Christ for what He did for us. That we can have this eternal gift. There are lots of scriptures about atonement but one of my favorites is in Alma 7
11 And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.
12 And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities.
13 Now the Spirit knoweth all things; nevertheless the Son of God suffereth according to the flesh that he might take upon him the sins of his people, that he might blot out their transgressions according to the power of his deliverance; and now behold, this is the testimony which is in me.
12 And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities.
13 Now the Spirit knoweth all things; nevertheless the Son of God suffereth according to the flesh that he might take upon him the sins of his people, that he might blot out their transgressions according to the power of his deliverance; and now behold, this is the testimony which is in me.
We all are or have been in a prison of sins. That´s just a true fact for being man. Christ suffered for us and gave us a key to open up this prison and become free of sin. All we have to is take the key open the door and walk outside. It is simple and we all can have it through the steps of repentance.
I bear testimony that I know Christ lives. That he suffered for everyone of us and that we have this gift of eternal life. I am so very grateful for all that I have been given and for this love. In the name of Jesús Christ, Amen
Love, Elder Moss
No comments:
Post a Comment