Sorry for having boring letters lately! I will try to make them better! My mom told me that they are all serious now!
| on top of a mountain in my area. It overlooks all of Liberia. Super windy lately and it was hard to stand. |
Sunday came along and I was trying to keep going strong and happy. But yet again it just didn't seem to be a great day. We tried talking to everyone we know and then some but that still wasn't working. Here we have to sacrament meetings one in the morning and one in the night. As we were walking to the one in the night someone drove past and said "hola elders!" It looked like one of our investigators and they turned toward the church. So my companion and I got really excited and started walking faster and faster. Next thing I know my companion just took off running so I started running too! We ran to the church and they weren't there. But one of the recent converts was and we were able to talk to him and help him out. As we sat in the sacrament meeting I had the opportunity to bless the sacrament (usual only investigators go to the night sacrament) and then after heard a talk about the atonement. The last Hymn was "Abide with me". As we sang the song I began to tear up and it came to a strong realization what Christ did for me. He suffered and died for me and everyone of us. He was perfect and did it for the Charity and Love He has for us. We have difficulties in this life. It's not easy but through Christ we can overcome every challenge that is placed in front of us. That is how we grow. I am excited for next week to better myself as a servant and help correct my wrongs to build God's Kingdom here in Costa Rica.
"Oh Savior stay this night with me" is one of my favorite lines in this hymn. The Lord is always there for us. All we have to do is call out for Him and ask for His help. This entire week was difficult but I found myself closer to God. I was able to better grow my Faith and Testimony of the Plan that God has for me. I know that He is there. That He loves us and is here to help us and through the atoning sacrifice of Christ we too can become perfected.
I know with all of my heart that God loves us. That Jesus Christ suffered for our sins in the Garden of Gethsemane. That on the third day he was resurrected and went and ministred to the people in the Americas. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that Joseph Smith was a Prophet of God. I know that Christ leads this Church and that it is the true Church of God. I know of all these things and I testify that they are true in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Love you all
Elder Moss
No comments:
Post a Comment